Tips for Face Care
The woman who looks good despite facial faults is the woman who knows what those faults are. Cleansing, toning and nourishing are the three basic requirements of a good skin care programme. Here are some of the tips on facial care:
- Use soft circular motions of the fingertips working the cream upwards rather downwards.
- Massage the cream into the skin. It will take around 20 minutes to absorb.
- Do not keep the cream on beyond 20 minutes because it would attract dirt and grim and would clog the pores.
- For removing it use moist cotton to prevent the water loss.
- Keep your face towel clean and soft.
- Never go to bed with nourishing cream on your face.
- Soon after you leave your bed in the morning, press a tissue paper on to your cheeks and forehead, nose and chin for a minute or two, please do not rub the tissue paper on the face. If there is oil on it you have oily skin. In this case cheeks are drier than other parts of the face.
- If you have oil only in the areas of nose chin and forehead, then you have a combination skin. There is no oil at all on the cheeks.
- If there is no oil on the tissue paper at all, you have either a dry or normal skin.
- To check a dry skin, wash your face with besan and water. If your skin is left feeling stretched or too tight, shiny and parched then it is dry.
- If the skin feels smooth, supple and elastic it is normal.
Cleaning the face
Cleansing the face is the first step of skin care routine. Perspiration, grease, dust stale make-up, dirt and bacteria are not easily removed just by ordinary washing of your face. To make your face free of all these hazards you need a cleanser. Cleansing creams go deeper into the pores and wash them thoroughly. Here are some steps which you need to follow while applying the cleanser:
- 1. Always tuck your hair up before putting on the cream to avoid making your hair greasy.
- 2. Apply cleansing cream in generous quantity on the cheeks, chin, forehead and neck.
- 3. Massage it with a light upward and outward movement, paying particular attention to the crease of the nose, under the chin area, neck and ear lobes.
- 4. Always use moist cotton to remove the cream as dry absorbs moisture from the skin.
- 5. Repeat the cleaning process two or three times until the tissue is clean.
- 6. The cleansing routine must be followed twice a day. One in the morning again before going to bed.
|< Prev||Next >|