If you have the proper knowledge about the skin you can take its proper care and keep it free from problems. To keep the skin intact, healthy and glowing we ought to take good diet to provide the vitamins required by our skin and to deal with the harmful effects of atmosphere we have to take the help of external applications known as cosmetics. Cosmetics claim to do everything from ensuring safe tanning to reversing the ageing process. Here are some of the tips for Skin Care.
Tips for Skin Care
- Avoid too much of sweets, fried foods, alcohols and cakes because they cause blemishes and blotchiness on the skin’s surface.
- Eat one seasonal fruit in the morning, preferably before eating anything else. Also eat vegetables, especially raw ones.
- Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water everyday.
- Avoid the sun, if you have to go out either cover your head with a chunni or take an umbrella. Also apply sunscreen lotion.
- Avoid smoking; especially passive smoking that is, inhaling the air polluted by somebody’s smoking.
- Use bathing oil to soften your skin. For making your own bathing oil take 1 cup each of palm, almond and olive oils and half cup of wheatgerm oil. Mix them well and keep it in a bottle in the dark. Take little of it and massage into the whole body before bathing or swimming.
- Try to keep your bathroom warm so that the increase in temperature will encourage the skin pores to open. Bathrooms can be kept warm by installing a heater at a place where it is out of the hazards of causing electric shocks.
- Use a body brush to break down the more fleshy skin tissues of the body.
- A bath brush and pumice stone help to soften hard skin often found on the feet, knees and elbows.
- Cleanse your skin, once in morning and again in the evening before going to sleep, with products suiting your skin type.
- Use face mask suiting your skin type atleast once a week.
- Massage your body (take some one’s help) atleast once a month.
Lime Complexion Lotion
Lime flowers 25gm
Distilled water 250 ml
Sodium benzoate ¼ tsp
Put the lime flowers in boiling water for an hour. Strain and let the mixture cool. Add sodium benzoate to it. This is very good complexion lotion and for better result add equal part of rose water to it. Keep it under refrigeration and use it with the help of cotton buds.
Skin Soothing Routine
After the days work you feel quite tired. Especially in summer when you go out, you sweat a lot, which causes a deficiency of essential salts in our body. This result’s in a feeling of tiredness and weariness in you. Apply one of the following preparations on your face and you will feel quite fresh.
Cucumber Skin Soothing Preparation
Cucumber 1 medium
Peel and chop the cucumber and place the slices in bowl. Squeeze the lemon over cucumber and lit stand for an hour. Then rub the cucumber slices all over the face avoiding the area encircling the eyes. Leave it so for 30 minutes and wash off with cod water. It is an extra luxurious preparation for oily skin.
|< Prev||Next >|